Our website is user-supported. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission but at no additional cost to you. Learn more >
Domino’s Pizza is one of the most popular fast-food chains in the world, with millions of customers ordering pizzas every day. But what happens when you have leftover pizza and want to reheat it? Can you reheat Domino’s Pizza in the oven, and if so, what’s the best way to do it? In this article, we’ll explore the best ways to reheat Domino’s Pizza in the oven, along with some tips and tricks to ensure that your leftover pizza tastes just as good as the day it was delivered.
Why Reheating Domino’s Pizza in Oven is the Best Option
While there are many ways to reheat pizza, using an oven is generally considered to be the best option. The reason for this is that an oven can heat pizza evenly, ensuring that it stays crispy and hot throughout. When you reheat pizza in a microwave or on a stovetop, you risk making the crust soggy or unevenly heated. An oven also allows you to control the temperature and cooking time, giving you more control over the final result.
How to Reheat Domino’s Pizza in the Oven
To reheat Domino’s Pizza in the oven, you’ll need to follow a few simple steps. Here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Take your leftover pizza out of the fridge and let it come to room temperature for about 10-15 minutes.
- Place the pizza on a baking sheet or pizza stone.
- Put the baking sheet or pizza stone in the oven and bake for about 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the crust is crispy.
Tips for Reheating Domino’s Pizza in the Oven
While reheating Domino’s Pizza in the oven is a relatively straightforward process, there are a few tips and tricks you can follow to ensure that your pizza turns out perfectly. Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Use a pizza stone: A pizza stone is a great tool to use when reheating pizza in the oven. It helps to evenly distribute heat and can make the crust extra crispy.
- Don’t overcrowd the oven: Make sure you only reheat one or two slices of pizza at a time. If you try to reheat too many slices at once, you risk not heating them evenly.
- Use a lower temperature: While preheating the oven to 375°F is a good starting point, you may need to adjust the temperature depending on the thickness of the crust and the amount of toppings on the pizza. A lower temperature may help to ensure that the crust is evenly heated.
- Add moisture: If you find that your pizza is coming out too dry when reheated, try adding a little bit of moisture to the pizza before putting it in the oven. You can do this by brushing a small amount of olive oil or water on the crust.
- Keep an eye on it: While 10 minutes is a good rule of thumb for reheating pizza in the oven, keep an eye on it and adjust the time as needed. You want to make sure that the cheese is melted and the crust is crispy, but not burnt.
What to do if You Don’t Have an Oven
While reheating Domino’s Pizza in the oven is the best option, what if you don’t have an oven? Fortunately, there are other ways to reheat pizza that can still produce good results. Here are a few other methods you can try:
While reheating pizza in the microwave can lead to a soggy crust, there are ways to mitigate this. Place a damp paper towel over the pizza before microwaving it to help keep the crust from drying out. Microwave the pizza for 30 seconds to a minute, checking every 15 seconds to ensure that it doesn’t overheat. The crust may not be as crispy as when reheated in the oven, but it will still be hot and edible.
To reheat pizza on the stovetop, place a non-stick pan over medium heat. Once the pan is hot, add the pizza slice(s) and cover with a lid. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the crust is crispy. This method may take longer than the microwave, but it can produce better results.
3. Toaster oven
If you have a toaster oven, you can use it to reheat pizza. Preheat the toaster oven to 350°F (175°C) and place the pizza on the rack. Cook for 5-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the crust is crispy. This method is similar to using an oven but can be quicker and more energy-efficient.
How to Store Leftover Domino’s Pizza
To ensure that your leftover Domino’s Pizza reheats well, it’s important to store it properly. Here are some tips for storing leftover pizza:
- Refrigerate: Leftover pizza should be refrigerated as soon as possible. Store it in an airtight container or wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or foil.
- Use within three days: Leftover pizza should be consumed within three days of being refrigerated. After this point, the pizza may start to spoil and become unsafe to eat.
- Freeze: If you’re not planning on eating the leftover pizza within three days, you can freeze it. Wrap each slice tightly in plastic wrap and place them in a freezer bag. Frozen pizza can be stored for up to two months.
- Thaw before reheating: If you’re reheating frozen pizza, make sure to thaw it in the fridge overnight before reheating it. This will help to ensure that the pizza reheats evenly and doesn’t become soggy.
Reheating Domino’s Pizza in the oven can be a great way to enjoy leftover pizza. By following the tips and tricks outlined in this article, you can ensure that your pizza comes out hot, crispy, and delicious.
Whether you’re using a pizza stone, adding moisture, or trying out other reheating methods, there are plenty of ways to make your leftover pizza taste just as good as it did on the day it was delivered. So next time you have some leftover Domino’s Pizza, don’t let it go to waste – heat it up and enjoy!